Served over Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Green Beans.
8 (Dry) Sea Scallops (serves 2 people)
1/3 cup white wine
3 drops of tabasco sauce
4 sprigs of fresh Rosemary (pull apart leaves off of 2 sprigs and roughly chop) (save 2 sprigs for serving)
½ cup of Seafood Stock or Chicken Stock
Salt to taste around ½ tsp
1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
4 tablespoons of butter
1 sliced clove of garlic
4 sundried tomatoes julienned
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Canola oil (used for frying and sauteeing garlic)
Flour for dredging
Your favorite mashed potato recipe
Steamed green beans
- Wash dry sea scallops and pat dry.
- Dredge dry sea scallops in flour, generously coating each scallop.
- Pour 1/3 cup of canola oil in skillet. Heat until smoking hot!
- Sear scallops to a golden brown. Don’t be concerned if they are cooked thru. This is just to get a golden crust. About 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove scallops from pan and set aside.
- Drain most of the canola oil. Leave the skillet crusty with a bit of oil that’s left.
- Deglaze the skillet with 1/3 cup of white wine over low heat stirring.
- Add 3 drops of tabasco sauce
- Add chopped rosemary,1/2 teaspoon of salt and ½ cup of seafood stock
- In a separate skillet saute the one clove of sliced garlic until golden in 2 Tbs of canola oil. Quickly take off the burner and add the 2 TBS pf chopped parsley.
- Add the garlic sauce to skillet.
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter and 4 sundried tomatoes sliced into julienne strips.
- Once it all comes to a simmer add the prepared scallops and heat thru.
- Place mounds of mashed potatoes on each plate.
- Mound mashed potatoes with scallops.
- Dress plate with steamed green beans and sprigs of rosemary.
- Lastly pour the sauce over the prepared plate.