Cleaning and preparing soft shell crabs for the Parisienne Sauce
- Flip the soft shell crab over
- Remove the stomach flap on the center back of the crab
- Underneath the flaps on the front of the crab are the lungs.
- Remove the lungs
- Remove the eyes
- Remove the beard underneath the eyes
- Prepare batter for the egg battered soft shell crabs. Beat 3 eggs with a pinch of salt
- Rinse soft shell crabs in water.
- Dredge in flour on both sides and underneath the flaps too
- Dip floured crabs into beaten eggs and coat well.
- Heat a pan with oil until very hot.
- Place back of crab into the frying pan
- Lower heat and fry 5-8 minutes on each side. There will be a lot of splatter so keep a splatter guard on pan.
- Drain the crabs on paper towels and now they are ready for the Parissiene sauce!
- Place soft shell crabs in the Parisienne sauce
- Cook until sauce is thickened and serve!